The Object Permanence Box is one of the quintessential Montessori materials. With this material, the child is invited to drop an object into the hole at the top of the toy. It disappears for a moment until the child retrieves the object by opening the door or pulling the drawer. The child's hands, eyes and memory are engaged, and they become familiar with a sequential process. This activity shows them that while things may disappear from view for a moment, they come back!
Choose from a number of different shapes and styles to build your own collection of object permanence activity boxes!
- This item can be used in any educational environment from a Montessori Kindergarten class to Home Schooling for early learning development.
- The use of this item can help with their hand eye coordination by object inserting/operating.
- A cognitive exercise which will initiate the recognition of the object's persistence and stability.
- Independency and Prediction. The child will see the outcome and recognize the practice.
- Development of refined movements (hand wrist and finger control)