The first toys I ever collected were diecast cars. I got my first one as an early birthday present, and the die was cast. The collectors world is divided into two major camps, Hot Wheels and Matchbox, and while I've always been warm to Hot Wheels, Matchbox has produced some of the nicest scaled-down cars you can get your hands on.
Here we have a lot of eight highly sought after Matchbox diecast cars from the 1970s and 80s, including a pair of Made in England Lesney Products cars.
- Ferrari Testarossa, Made in Macau, 1988 1:59
- Camaro IROC-Z, Made in Macau, 1985 1:63
- Pontiac Firebird Racer, Made in Macau, 1985 (1987 tampos) 1:64
- Porsche 935, Made in Macau, 1985 1:57
- Dodge Daytona Turbo Z, Made in Macau, 1983 (1986 or 1987 tampos) 1:59
- Ferrari 308 GTB, Made in Macau, 1981 (1984 tampos) 1:55
- Mustang Piston Popper, Rolamatics, Made in England, 1973 (Matchbox Lesney) 1:65, Blue
- Mustang Piston Popper, Rolamatics, Made in England, 1973 (Matchbox Lesney) 1:65, Yellow
These cars are playworn and would be scored as B-C by most collectors' standards. They don't make 'em like this any more, please get in touch with us if you have any specific questions about these or any other items in our collection.